Here are a few places we use to market our businesses:
Tricks of the trade:
- Be competitive–look for ways to differentiate yourself and your products.
- Know Your Market Before You Start
- Farmers’ markets, restaurants, U-Pic Farms, and CSAs all require you to know what the customer wants.
- Cold call restaurants and talk to chefs about what they would buy.
- Engage your surrounding community to talk about CSA.
- Know how to describe your product–how it’s grown and why it’s great. You are also in the business of educating the consumer.
- Keep good financial records
- staying organized will help you decide if you are making wise marketing and production decisions.
- Presentation is IMPORTANT
- Make a good sign–farm name, location, growing practices
- creative and eye-catching farm stand set up
- clear signage and pricing