Woodstock Sustainable Farms
Woodstock Sustainable Farms located in Woodstock Connecticut is accepting applications for an Assistant Farm Manager. This position is year-round, 40 hours per week. Candidate must have experience with the following:
● Small ruminants, lambing, and breeding sheep.
● Able to maintain animal welfare to include general maintenance such as trimming of hoofs and vaccinations.
● Experience in advanced animal care including identifying health issues and sickness in livestock.
● Other job responsibilities may include fencing and hot wires, building of structures including animal housing and shelter
● Ability to estimate size, distances and quantities to determine time, cost, resources, or materials needed to perform work activity
● Must have the ability to clearly make decisions in a timely manner and follow through on them.
● Direct and monitor the work of casual and seasonal help
● Proficient in word, excel and email communication
● Must possess valid driver’s license
Woodstock Sustainable Farms is a small-scale science based regenerative farm located on 265 acres. We specialize in raising pasture raised chickens, pig’s sheep, and layer hens. Our farm is Whole Foods certified for layer hens, and follow Global Animal Welfare Standards for all other livestock.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is based on experience, anticipated starting salary is $18 – $20 dollars per hour. Benefits include paid time off, housing of own livestock, and the option for housing.
Interested candidates can email resume and cover letter to Dave at
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.